Saturday, September 17, 2011

the warriors walk

I am now a new anime character Erikyu Warcat, the product of two deranged minds. It does make me think though, it makes me think about the life of a warrior. The new character wears the robes of a Samurai and carries weapons both ancient and modern. It can also be assumed that the character is some sort of a Buddhist. This is a contrast that in the minds of westerners, should never work, after all when we think of peace and harmony, when we think of Buddhists.

I can’t speak for all forms of Buddhists, but I know that a Taoist finds peace in embracing both halves of our nature. I see many people wearing the sign of the yin and yang without an understanding. Living, really living is about the male and female, the hawk and the dove, the lion and the lamb and the eternal struggle to reconcile and balance the two halves while embracing the fact that we never will.

We are always going to be unbalanced, I don’t know why. The philosophers call it nature vs nurture I say it just is. We need people who can fulfill all types of missions; half of the world needs to be in touch with their warrior, and half needs to be in touch with their peace. The world needs a balance and right now it is the imbalance in humans’ nature that keeps us . That knowledge is how I find peace in my struggle.

The warrior must do battle to find his peace, but if he struggles against his aggressive nature he fails. The warrior must accept to find his balance, but if he accepts all; then he isn’t in balance either. To truly be a balanced person we must carry our sword with hearts of understanding and love. That is the balance of Tao. The way of the peaceful warrior.

I want to be in balance, in fact if anything I want to be more peaceful and loving then in balance but so far, ehh, mixed results. I find myself still being unkind, when what I really want to be is nice. They say that men in general insult each other as a form of showing our affection. I find that to be true and it works, but my problem is that after so many years of having women reject my complements, because of their self-esteem issues I have internalized it. I find myself coming across as too abrasive to everyone and my yin is overcoming my yang.

I won’t let it get me down, I will only continue in my Tao my walk my life. I will accept that I am unbalanced because that too is Tao. The way of the true warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment