Sunday, September 4, 2011

Land of the Free

My daughter and I were driving back from a cookout this weekend when I saw a sign in someone's front yard that read, less government more freedom. I looked over and mentioned to Emily that most people don't use the freedom they already have. Then I pretty much let it lie because I am trying to be a good dad like that. Anyway I still need to say it. Americans can be kind of apathetic. We want to go to work, come home, kiss our spouses, play with the kids and not be bothered by an over-obtrusive government. We think that is freedom. It is, but what about our freedom to be nice to one another? When was the last time you utilized the freedom to create something? Do you use your freedom to try something that all your friends tell you is foolish? I recommend it highly. They say the average human only uses 10% of our brain at any time, well I posit that we are also guilty of using only 10% of what our country gives us to work with. I am asking why we don't roll out and get to work on correcting that?

1 comment:

  1. Well put... as long as I've known you, you've tried to expand the sphere of energy around you, brother. I'm glad that you've started this blog, but what ever happened to your poetry? Maybe we'll see some of it up here in the near future. Good luck with this; I can't wait to see what ends up here.

    ReplyDelete