Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pardon the stupid question

  Last night I happened to see a segment on the ESPN program, Pardon the interruption and I thought I had lost control of my senses. There above the bar was a caption that said Best halftime show ever? and a clip of a dog riding a monkey. I found myself flabbergasted. I was truly offended by that question mark. Who would ever turn such a statement into a question?
  Of course a dog riding a monkey is the greatest halftime show ever! Janet Jackson could shimmy butt naked across Reliant Field singing Land of a thousand dances and still not be as entertaining as a monkey riding a dog.
  Perhaps it’s just me.  I suppose that my lifetime love of classical music and great art has created in me a more keen sense of beauty, then will ever be possessed by some junior producer at ESPN, Perhaps I have become a culture snob,some sort of an elitist, but I say to you, my friends, loved ones, fellow travelers and insomniacs,
monkey riding a dog; GREATEST HALFTIME SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: