Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Revolutions



Well it is New Year’s Eve again and I suppose I should chirp up with a few words about the day and our upcoming year. I don’t actually see New Years as a cause to celebrate, I do enjoy a good party, but the day in itself is nothing special to those of the warrior clan.

What does it celebrate? New beginnings, hell I find a new beginning every day. When I close my eyes at night the day is done, when the light creeps in my window each morning I have a fresh new start. We don’t need to wait 364 days to dispose of crappy days and bad memories. 

Is it for resolutions to make changes? Why, wait today is the day, if you really need a change just go out and make it happen. We only get one life so learn how to make changes on the fly or you will never, ever, be on target. 

Do you harken back to the pagan days of winter solstices and praying for the sun to return? Here is an idea, be your own light, even better be a light for others. Energy (the laws of thermodynamics say) is neither lost nor gained, it merely changes state, and most energy is released in the form of heat and light. Therefore if you expend some energy doing something good for someone else, you will be releasing your own energy as light for all to see. Why not start today and make every day as bright as the summer solstice?

Of course I know that not everyone is just able to break out of there ruts and fly, so for you folks I have a few suggestions for change in no particular order. 

·         Read Getting Right with Tao by Ron Hogan
·         Practice winking in the mirror this morning, then wink lasciviously at one attractive stranger today.
·         Drink a beer with a friend at least once a week
·         Prepare a list of smart ass remarks for every occasion
·         Go to a religious service of a different denomination (no those aren’t foot rests in the Catholic churches)
·         Don’t sweat the petty
·         Always pet the sweaty
·         Stop reading this and follow your heart

Good luck kiddies it’s a jungle out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment